Thursday, July 5, 2007

Kaiser members: Inexpensive helmets!

I was very early for an appointment at Kaiser Oakland's ENT department recently, and wandered down the hallway to the Health Education Center. A friend had recently noted that helmets "expire" in the same way as carseats, and I realized that mine was easily more than 6 years old. I headed toward the corner where they have bike helmets and was quite pleased to see that a Bell helmet for an adult was only $8.75 plus tax! They also had children's helmets, some with elbow and knee pads, for similarly low prices.

And I'll just murmur that no one asked to see my Kaiser card as I bought mine...

They also have My Brest Friend pillows, lots of books, and an inflatable lumbar-support pillow for the car or to be used in a chair.

Pertinant info from the website:
Provides information to help you stay healthy. You can borrow books, videos, and audio tapes, and purchase self-care products.

Howe Street Building, Ground Floor

Hours:
Monday, Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Information/registration/breast pump rentals: (510) 752-6204

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Update: helmets at Kaiser are a lot more, and are of lesser quality. Really disappointed in them for this.